A bollard is a short post designed to guide
traffic and protect from vehicle intrusions. Bollards can be
manufactured and installed to withstand significant vehicle impacts, but
they can also be used as visual barriers
Bollards can be installed to withstand high-impact vehicle collisions.
Steel pipe security bollards are made from structural grade steel and
are designed to be embedded and reinforced with concrete.
bollards are ideal for sensitive locations such as building entrances,
pedestrian areas and exposed utilities—where safety and security are
- Available in Electro-hydraulic and pneumatic options
- Bollards are installed at entry and exit points to protect unauthorized entries
- They can work as a single unit or in a group
- Available Rating : K4 / K8 / K12
- In case of power failure it can be lowered manually
Types of Bollards
- Operated either pneumatically or hydraulically, the B3000 series offers the highest standard of anti-ramming and security protection.
- Taking as little as 2 seconds to reach the fully raised position, these bollards can be used in the most demanding locations where high-volume traffic flows must be managed.
- The B3000 bollards are often combined with light arm barriers to provide maximum deterrence and safety.
- With a hard-wearing stainless steel finish, the bollards are engineered to meet the DOS and PAS standards for anti-ramming and are used extensively to protect sensitive government and military locations as well as civilian compounds.
- When powered by BGI's innovative pneumatic system, the bollards can be operated at very high speeds and when combined with a light arm, the air pressure can be used to simply and accurately synchronize with other elements in the system.
- The use of air pressure also significantly reduces the wear and tear on the components and provides years of maintenance free use.
With a patent-pending mechanism for releasing the internal piston, the bollards can be maintained without disassembly and if necessary, the entire unit can be removed without the need for digging out the foundations.
- Hydraulic rising bollards are designed especially for high security vehicle entrances and for a location that has to be closed for motorized traffic on specific times.
- They can be installed as a single unit as well as in groups. Bollards are driven hydraulically and the hydraulic drive unit is placed in an installation cabinet close to the bollards.
- In case of power failure bollards can be lowered manually. With the help of plc/microprocessor controlled electronics, raise/lower function can be achieved by every kind of card readers, bio-metric readers like fingerprint or hand shape, radio control, on/off switch or key switch etc.
- Besides, safety accessories like loop detectors, photocells, flashing lights or red/green lights can be integrated to the control electronics very easily.